Designing Domesticity Our Home Projects Food Services Shop About

Entryway Makeover Reveal

Thankfully, I'm feeling much better and all that time resting at home left me plenty of opportunity to play in our new entryway. Take a look. 


I decided it was finally time to embrace the bench as a bench, instead of a table, and accent it by adding a trio of pillows in my signature eclectic mix of patterns. Next up was reconfiguring the layout to incorporate the coat rack and shoe storage. 


Now that all the must haves in any entry point, like a place to sit down, take your shoes off, and hang up your coat, are taken care of, I have the other side of the hall to concentrate on just the pretty stuff. 


Enter the little gem I picked up at Alexis Vintiques Design. A perfectly proportioned, delightfully chippy, beautifully boned demilune table. 
My main objective for incorporating a table is simply to have a spot to set a lamp. An entryway without mood lighting just doesn't work for me! 


A mirror is another must have in any entry/departure point and my old black and gold mirror looks right at home above the chippy table. No surprise I've added an orchid to this spot as well!


I'm pleased as punch with our new entry and I hope you like it too. So much function in such a small space. It doesn't get much better, in my opinion. 

Hope you had a great weekend!

linking in with:

until next time, 
Photobucket
If you'd like help designing your home, please contact me on designingdomesticity@gmail.com.

Don't forget to check out the new SHOP section on Designing Domesticity!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Lijit Ad Wijit