Designing Domesticity Our Home Projects Food Services Shop About

Orchids: How I love thee

I have to say, before I owned my first orchid, I was totally and completely intimidated by them. I mean, look at the beauty and delicacy of this plant!



But now, they are my go-to house plant and gift for any occasion.

An orchid can elevate the look of any room. Here, I have an orchid placed in the hall bathroom at the top of the stairs. This room is no more than a child's bathroom, nothing fancy about that, but the orchid totally changes the whole dynamic of the room - it makes it special!




Orchids are so easy to take care of: they like a sunny spot, but not direct light and just 3 ice cubes once a week. They will bloom for months on end giving you loads of enjoyment and a big bang for your buck! And if you are patient, they will come back - it may take 6 months to a year, but they will come back.

I usually have at least two or three orchids in my home - they just make me so happy! So when I noticed they were on sale at my local grocery today, I just had to pick up another one.


This orchid will provide a lovely centerpiece for several months, virtually maintenance free. And yes, that is a soup terrain that I have re-purposed for this occasion!

Orchids: oh, how I love thee, let me count the ways...

Photobucket
If you'd like help designing your home, please contact me on designingdomesticity@gmail.com.

Don't forget to check out the new SHOP section on Designing Domesticity!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Lijit Ad Wijit