Designing Domesticity Our Home Projects Food Services Shop About

Fall Linky

First, I'd just like to say thanks to my new followers as well as friends on Facebook. Your support really means a lot to me, especially as I've just started this little blog and your feedback is the only way to know if people are really reading!

And secondly, I'm interjecting a little Fall decorating preview into this week's posts about our recent trip to North Carolina.

Well, the weather is getting colder and I'm having trouble resisting all the fun associated with Fall nesting. So, it's official, the Fall decorations are coming out of storage.

One of the first things to be addressed, the mantel. I'm not an over-the-top kind of accessory girl, it's my belief that simple can be best, so that's what I am sticking to this year. Simple.


Summer Mantel

Fall Mantel


Admittedly the changes are subtle: a couple of white pumpkins and semi-homemade topiaries.

I picked up these little pots in a great garden store, while we were in Asheville. Can you believe they were only $2.50 each? Bargain! I love their rustic edges and their bright green color. If you didn't know already, I love green! I topped them with faux pink sedum balls. I like the idea of topping the pots with seasonal flowers...maybe boxwood or holly for the Holidays.

Today, I'm taking part in the Nesting Place's Fall Mantel Party, the Falling Up party at Cottage and Vine, and the Fall Decorating Party at Hooked on Houses. Check out all the wonderful posts for loads of creative ideas for your own home.

Tomorrow, I'll finish up my series on North Carolina and check back later to see some updates on my front porch.
Photobucket
If you'd like help designing your home, please contact me on designingdomesticity@gmail.com.

Don't forget to check out the new SHOP section on Designing Domesticity!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Lijit Ad Wijit