Designing Domesticity Our Home Projects Food Services Shop About

The Making of a Wreath Sleeve

Do you use a basic wreath hanger? A ridiculously boring contraption that does nothing to improve the beauty of your wreath? So did I.

Until yesterday, when I said I needed to brainstorm on how to cover up that wreath hanger, well, I came up with a solution. And an easy one at that!

Basically, it's a wreath hanger sock, or sleeve!

Here's how I did it.


I started with a little burlap, which I picked up at my local gardening center - it's a huge quantity, but so much less expensive to buy it this way. Needless to say, I foresee lots of burlap in my upcoming Fall nesting.

I cut two strips, each strip almost double the length of the wreath hanger, and together with my old friend, stitch witchery, created a sock to slip over the hanger.


So easy, the whole project took maybe 5 minutes. The hardest part was getting the hanger through the burlap sleeve!


This is such a quick, easy, and cheap solution for your traditional wreath hanger. I might have to fashion other seasonal 'sleeves' in the future!

Phew, I am happy to report that the front porch outside entryway is officially complete! It may have taken a whole week, but I am happy with the total picture.


Next week, I will be turning my attentions indoors with my 4 easy changes to bring Fall home.

Also, don't forget about Saturday's Kitchen, which highlights a new recipe each Saturday.

And finally, this post, as with other project oriented posts, can now be found under the Project Gallery tab on the navigation bar.

Links
Photobucket
If you'd like help designing your home, please contact me on designingdomesticity@gmail.com.

Don't forget to check out the new SHOP section on Designing Domesticity!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Lijit Ad Wijit