Designing Domesticity Our Home Projects Food Services Shop About

Party Planning: what we'll be serving

I did it! 
Despite thinking floral arrangements, repositioning furniture, trying to get along with my new iPhone, and dealing with an extremely cranky 2.5 year old - I have managed to finalize the menu for our cocktail party.
Phew.


More seating and cleared space for food

So, if you are reading this and attending this weekend, but want to be surprised, stop reading - scroll directly to the bottom and leave a comment about how excited you are for the party! If not, than please continue to read...and of course, leave a comment telling me how fabulous the menu sounds!


Stocking the bar and more seating

I'm still planning for 45+ people (although I'm nervous about the weather), so here's what we're thinking to feed the masses:

Snacks:
Popcorn - Spicy Popcorn with Piment D’Espelette and Marcona Almonds , I made this last year and it was a huge hit. Can't recommend it enough.
Sweet potato chips - store bought
Olives - store bought

Canapes:
Roasted shrimp salad served on cucumber rounds
Hot smoked salmon (store bought) served on pumpernickel with mustard dill sauce
Roast beef served on toast with horseradish cream and chive garnish
Hilda's special - family recipe: cheese olive concoction, broiled on toast
Cheese board - 5 cheeses: cheddar, stilton, brie, goat, manchego - served with Baguette
Charcuterie board - salamis and air dried meats
Artichoke Dip (store bought) served with pita


Desserts (all store bought):
Baklava
Lemon squares
Chocolate fudge truffle


Staging the dining room

If you've made it this far, I commend you!

But seriously, you've probably noticed that the vast majority are store bought items just requiring assembly; occasionally punctuated with my go-to lady, Barefoot Contessa. (You've seen me type it before, her recipes literally can not be beat!)

For a party this size, I really do believe this is essential. It minimizes my work output and helps keep my stress levels at bay. Just a couple more last minute trips to the grocery and some final accessorizing now!

Until next time,
Photobucket
If you'd like help designing your home, please contact me on designingdomesticity@gmail.com.

Don't forget to check out the new SHOP section on Designing Domesticity!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Lijit Ad Wijit