Designing Domesticity Our Home Projects Food Services Shop About

Prep, Prep and More Good Prep

Today is just one of those days when you are running around working on 3 or 4 projects at once - somehow managing to get very little done!

But it's all in the name of party prep, so I'll carry on.

Take a look at a couple of things I have managed to actually complete today.

Dining room buffet

Arrangement of pussy willow branches and a Japanese quince branch, anchored with limes.

Check out the quince branch - isn't it incredible? I found it at my local grocery - they've had them for about a week now and it really was love at first sight. I was so happy they were still there during today's trip to the market.


Another quick project

This large leaf platter has been with me for awhile and I was starting to tire of the green color.

So I hit it with a little Rub 'n Buff in Antique Gold (my new Best Friend - seriously, this stuff is good!)

I love the subtle new look and how the green still peeks through.
This whole project took 10 minutes, which included drying time.
So easy.

Foyer catch all

And finally...


I even managed to finish up a batch of Hilda's special. These are the best: make in advance, freeze them off, and broil from frozen only what you need. Genius. Perfect cocktail party app.


Until next time,



Photobucket
If you'd like help designing your home, please contact me on designingdomesticity@gmail.com.

Don't forget to check out the new SHOP section on Designing Domesticity!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Lijit Ad Wijit