Designing Domesticity Our Home Projects Food Services Shop About

Living Room Window Panel Before and After Reveal

It's been a long time in the making, but I am excited to share with you my now complete window panels. 
As you probably know, I really hummed and hawed over the fabric selection. 
For a recap on everything I debated on, click here and here


But, I am so happy with the results.

I only wish that taking good photos of curtains was easier so you could get a real sense of how great they look!
I've done my best...

I, like you, love a good before and after. 
So, here are a couple for your enjoyment!


Before - seems so bare now.



After - with all that lovely day light streaming in.
It's amazing how a simple window panel can really finish off a room!


And at night - I love how cozy it feels now! 
Just in time for Fall...


Before



After - daytime.


After - night time.


This shot really shows the colors as true as possible. The light yellow stripe picks up the color on the walls, while the coral stripe ties in with the couch and the blue works well with the rugs.

I am also loving the texture; the linen is slightly crumply which gives it a relaxed, yet elegant feel. 
Rustic elegance as I like to call it!

I'll be back later with the tutorial - it really was fairly budget friendly - working with some existing pieces, I managed to make 8 window panels for around $500. Of course, this isn't pennies, but if compared to the $500 I spent on 4 store bought panels in our bedroom - it seems like a great deal! Plus these are personalized!

If only I had known then what I know now. 
Hindsight is 20/20!

Linking in with:

Until next time, 
Photobucket
If you'd like help designing your home, please contact me on designingdomesticity@gmail.com.

Don't forget to check out the new SHOP section on Designing Domesticity!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Lijit Ad Wijit