Designing Domesticity Our Home Projects Food Services Shop About

Falling up the Mantel

Fall is here - in case you didn't already know!

In the Chicagoland area, the change was pretty abrupt - 80's one day and 60's the next, but it's all good with me because this is my favorite time of year.


Of course, I couldn't wait until October to start bringing the fall decor out. 

Best place to start - the entryway.
Second best place to start - the mantel!



This year I decided to add my wood shaving wreath to the mix. It's hung by a ribbon, which is tied to the picture wire on the back of the mirror. I'm loving the added texture and interest to the mirror!


My birch candles have made a reappearance from last fall/winter. 


As well as my pineapple planter filled with ivy.
You know I love a little pop of green!


My white ceramic pumpkins, which appeared in the dining room last year, have moved to the living room mantel. Adding a bit of fall without being too over the top or predictably orange.


All I need now is a roaring fire!
If you follow me on Facebook, you know we've already had our first fire of the season - I can't wait for the second!

What about you, have you started bringing fall into your home?

If you enjoyed this post, may I suggest:


Linking in with:

Until next time,
Photobucket
If you'd like help designing your home, please contact me on designingdomesticity@gmail.com.

Don't forget to check out the new SHOP section on Designing Domesticity!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Lijit Ad Wijit