Designing Domesticity Our Home Projects Food Services Shop About

Quick Curried Roast Salmon



Looking for something a little different for your weekly seafood meal?

BBC Good Food Magazine comes through for you once again. 
You know I love this resource; it's great for weeknight cooking as well as informal entertaining. 

If you've never checked out their website, click here to have a look - you won't be sorry!


If you have these basic Asian ingredients, why not give this recipe a try?

I made a couple of changes along the way, so I'll be sharing the recipe as I made it. If you'd like to see the original recipe, click here


First make your marinade by mixing the following ingredients:

1 Tbs Thai red curry paste
4 oz light coconut milk
2 tsp soft brown sugar
2 Tbs fish sauce
2 Tbs cilantro, chopped
2 Tbs olive oil


Pour marinade over 1.5 lbs of salmon, allow to marinate for at least 20 minutes; meanwhile preheat oven to 400 degrees.

Roast in the oven for 15 minutes or until done. 


I served mine with stir fried baby bok choy and brown rice. 
Yum!

If you are worried that this might be a bit spicy for you, fear not - the coconut milk and brown sugar really tone it down. 

Go on, give it a try! 
And if you do, please don't forget to report back and let me know what you thought.

Speaking of BBC Good Food, I made this entire meal straight from the September issue for a family gathering the other weekend:

It was easy, tasty, and I can definitely recommend it.

Until next time,

Photobucket
If you'd like help designing your home, please contact me on designingdomesticity@gmail.com.

Don't forget to check out the new SHOP section on Designing Domesticity!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Lijit Ad Wijit