Designing Domesticity Our Home Projects Food Services Shop About

A Thanksgiving Table


Thanksgiving is just around the corner - time to get the table set and the menu planned.

Have you started your prep yet?


This year I am going with a rustic, casual elegant theme. 

Casual elegance is a term often used to describe clothing but it's also a feel that I want my home to embrace as well. 


Come on in a take a look around and let me know if I've accomplished my desired casually elegant feel.


I've mixed my everyday with my finer items to achieve this look:
white linen placemats layered with burlap; fine china salad plates paired with everyday dinner plates; crystal stemware alongside rustic green rimmed water glasses.
You get the idea!


If you follow me on Facebook you know that I had my first sewing lesson last week - these burlap placemats are the results (more about them in a later post)!


Remember my DIY sparkly place card holders from last year? They've made a reappearance and this year are coupled with a faux fall leaf.


The centerpiece started off with a neutral colored platter which has been piled high with rustic fall decor and paired with crystal candlesticks.


Rattan pumpkin, sparkly golden pears, wheat, pinecones and fall faux leaves.


I'm loving the look this year and hope you are too!


Happy early Thanksgiving to all!

Linking in with:

Until next time,
Photobucket
If you'd like help designing your home, please contact me on designingdomesticity@gmail.com.

Don't forget to check out the new SHOP section on Designing Domesticity!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Lijit Ad Wijit