Designing Domesticity Our Home Projects Food Services Shop About

Stuck in a Rut

I just realized I've been stuck in a rut. How did this happen? Me, the perpetual re-arranger, stuck in a rut? Not possible.


It's true, it's true. I've just realized that I have had these same three candlesticks on my coffee table since we moved into this house, which is slowly creeping in on 3 years now.
Sure the other accessories have changed over the years, but not the candlesticks. 
I can NOT believe it.


Nothing breaks a rut like a forced rearrangement. 

Here's how it happened: I had to clear everything off the coffee table to make room for the precious cheese board at our annual FSCP. Hence the forced rearrangement.


Instead of just storing away my beloved candlesticks, I figured why not just relocate them. You know, change it up a bit - it's only been 2.5 years after all. 


As long as I was working on the mantel {again}, I figured I might as well throw a bit of spring into the mix. Who can blame me, it's been the mildest winter I've ever experienced in Chicago. 

Fresh green paired with white feels so springy to me. 


Of course, it's still only February, so a bit of winter coziness is in order - candles and pinecones.


The perfect mix of spring time greenery and wintery coziness.
Hello late winter/early spring mantel. I hope you stay awhile, perhaps not almost 3 years, but awhile all the same. 

linking in with:
Until next time, 
Photobucket
If you'd like help designing your home, please contact me on designingdomesticity@gmail.com.

Don't forget to check out the new SHOP section on Designing Domesticity!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Lijit Ad Wijit