Designing Domesticity Our Home Projects Food Services Shop About

Bedding Before and After

Once I painted the dresser white and made it my new bedside table, I knew I wanted to lighten up the bedding. The search was on. But, of course, I wanted to incorporate certain elements of my existing bedding, which only makes the search that much more challenging.


The coverlet and bedskirt were both part of my original wedding registry, which makes them some 10 years old now. I still like them, they are in good shape, and work well with the wall color, draperies and carpet in the room ... in other words, they were staying. 


Basically, I was looking for a duvet and shams to coordinate with the stone/olive color scheme. To say that these colors, even though they are neutral, aren't terrible popular at the moment would be an understatement. Literally, I've been casually looking for additions to this bedding for YEARS.


Then one day, I was perusing TJ's and ran across this Tahari duvet set. Initially, I thought it was a little too grey and kind of on the expensive side, so I put it back and went on my way. Of course, once I was home and actually looking at my coverlet it seemed PERFECT. I was almost hyperventilating at the thought of someone snagging it out from under me. But it was nap time and then we had plans after that...so it had to wait. 


I finally made it back to the store a couple of days later, and low and behold, it had meandered over to the clearance isle in our time apart. I couldn't believe my luck. It came straight home with me. It was clearly meant to be. I love you TJ Maxx.

The Euro shams are from Pottery Barn, also on clearance. They pick up the yellow of the wall color and the green from the carpet, tying several of the individual elements in the room together. Success. 


I know you love your before and afters, so check out this image of our bedding from earlier this year. 


And now. 
So much lighter and brighter.
I'm really happy with the results thus far.

But, I'm thinking one more pillow is in order. I haven't had any luck finding something to coordinate so far. I've just ordered fabric samples, so hopefully something will click.

Check out my Pinterest board for a sneak peek.

Or sign up to receive my newest posts right to your inbox - then you won't miss a thing.

Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner
Linking in with:

Until next time,
Photobucket
If you'd like help designing your home, please contact me on designingdomesticity@gmail.com.

Don't forget to check out the new SHOP section on Designing Domesticity!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Lijit Ad Wijit