Designing Domesticity Our Home Projects Food Services Shop About

Privacy Please

As the work carries on in our dining room, I've been keeping busy tackling smaller projects around the house. Like these new cafe curtains I added to our kitchen window. 


Here's how it looked before with the woven blind. 
Now, don't get me wrong, I loved the warmth and texture that the old blind brought to the space, but the privacy factor just wasn't there. 


As much as I like my neighbors, and I hope they like me, I just don't think either of us really need to see each other in our jammies pouring our morning coffee. You know what I mean?


So, after a couple of weeks staring at the tension rod I got at Lowe's, I decided to take advatage of this rainy day and get on it already.


I checked my fabric stash and decided to go with some leftover fabric from our living room curtains. For now, I think it works, but I could also see switching out the fabric after a bit.


I'm loving the pop of color in the cafe curtains, especially on this gloomy day. 



As always, when I finish one of these little projects that has been on the to-do list for awhile, I wonder why I put it off so long. 

What about you, did you get anything crossed of your to-do list this weekend?

linking in with:

until next time, 
Photobucket
If you'd like help designing your home, please contact me on designingdomesticity@gmail.com.

Don't forget to check out the new SHOP section on Designing Domesticity!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Lijit Ad Wijit