Designing Domesticity Our Home Projects Food Services Shop About

DIY Statement Arrangement

I made some progress on our entryway this weekend, not as much as I would have liked, but progress all the same. 


After my inspiration post, I decided that creating a statement arrangement was the direction I wanted to take our entryway. It turned out so well, if I do say so myself, that I thought I'd share how I put it together. 


1. Choose and prepare your container. I went with our twiggy reindeer, as it couldn't be more perfect for this time of year. I lined the bottom of the basket with a plastic bag then placed a plastic dish on top to hold the oasis (floral foam). If you've never worked with floral foam, you're missing out. It makes creating long lasting floral arrangements so easy. 


2. Create the foundation of your arrangement. In this case, I chose three types of faux greenery to create the base.


3. Add in feature greenery. Think 3 dimensional - something hanging, something tall and something to fill. I used all real greenery, each of which was poked into the floral foam to ensure freshness throughout the holiday season. Fraser fir as the tall element, boxwood as the filler, and pine as the hanging element.


4. Add in your accents. Following on from our mantel, I accented with fresh magnolia leaves and pinecones. As well as a couple of sprigs of red berries for color.


Now, sit back and enjoy your great smelling, long lasting, evergreen arrangement!See what I mean, so easy.

I'm hoping to finish off the entry this week, so definitely check back for that. We also enjoyed a family morning decorating the tree, which I'll be sharing later in the week. Hope you had a great weekend.

linking in with:

until next time, 

Photobucket
If you'd like help designing your home, please contact me on designingdomesticity@gmail.com.

Don't forget to check out the new SHOP section on Designing Domesticity!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Lijit Ad Wijit