Designing Domesticity Our Home Projects Food Services Shop About

A Hot {Pink} Bedroom

Zoinks, it's been a crazy week, y'all. But, we did it - we moved in over the weekend. It's so nice to be surrounded by our things yet again, despite the ongoing construction. And, as an added bonus my Mom came to stay - together we are whipping this house into shape. Or at least getting the boxes under control!
So, when the whole house is your oyster and you need a place to focus first - where do you start? 
Kid's bedroom, of course.


The hot pink bedroom.

Perhaps you remember I may have mentioned that Tessa really, really, really wanted a hot pink bedroom. So, I made it my personal mission to come up with a plan to incorporate pink without the whole room becoming some big bubblegum encrusted monstrosity.

Impatient petal, SW

To start: I chose a very subtle shade of pink for the walls. After that, Tessa didn't really have much to say. I mean, she asked for a pink room and I gave her one. 
Best. Mom. Ever.

This is where the true work comes in. Finding something as strong as the pink to balance out the room. Something to see, other than just pink. That's when the Land of Nod, came to the rescue with this cute royal blue floral sham. Blue, yellow, green, baby pink and the beloved hot pink. Amazing. Every color we wanted, plus some we hadn't even thought of to coordinate with her existing sheeting, etc. Could it get any better? I don't think so.
That is until I discovered how cute it looked layered with the oversized hot pink gingham euro sham. 
Yes, more pink. I am good.


There may or may not be a matching duvet to the hot pink sham, depending how generous I am feeling as the room starts to come together. Also, I should mention this will all be tempered by her existing white quilts. It's all about balance, you know?
Other plans include some fun spray painted beds and a new bookshelf. And, of course, making the rest of her existing furniture work in her new room. Stay tuned to watch it all unfold!

Any other hot pink bedrooms out there? 

until next time, 
Photobucket
If you'd like help designing your home, please contact me on designingdomesticity@gmail.com.

Don't forget to check out the new SHOP section on Designing Domesticity!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Lijit Ad Wijit