Designing Domesticity Our Home Projects Food Services Shop About

Worth the Research

We all want our homes to look fabulous without spending a fortune, right? But sometimes the designer, custom look seems impossible without the matching price tag.
That's how I was starting to feel while researching new chairs for our living room. 
(You may remember I sold our previously loved club chairs on craigslist before we left Chicago.) 
Custom fabric from a big box store store was out of my range, finding a second hand chair to re-upholster wasn't working either. I started to downgrade my wishlist and look for a neutral chair that was more affordable. 



Then I happened upon this chair. A custom look at half the price. 
The modern nature print with blue background features corals, greens and yellows. Nailhead trim, tufted back and turned legs - I must have spent a fortune on this baby. But, I didn't.


It's like it was created just for me. I mean, how many people have a coral couch and a green chair in one room? The odds have to be pretty low on that one. 


Honestly, I hadn't planned on loving this chair. Yes, I posted about it way back when (here), but that's before I saw it in person. Before I feel in love. I tried to turn away, I did. I left it in the store twice, but when I couldn't stop thinking about it and how perfect the proportions were for our small space, I decided it was meant to be. And, now I am wondering if I have room for one more? 
Right here in this big empty space. 


The room is coming along. A new rug, something with more interest is definitely on the wish list. Gotta get something on these walls as well. A console for the TV wall, the search is on. 
It just goes to prove you never know where you'll stumble upon the piece that's meant to be for you...just gotta keep looking.

until next time, 
Photobucket
If you'd like help designing your home, please contact me on designingdomesticity@gmail.com.

Don't forget to check out the new SHOP section on Designing Domesticity!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Lijit Ad Wijit