Designing Domesticity Our Home Projects Food Services Shop About

Styling

Client installs are always fun days. Today was no exception. But, there's a lot of work that goes into styling a space.

before

The initial consultation. 
Discussing wants vs. needs, taking measurements, before pictures.
Today's project: home bar styled on an existing sideboard. 
I'm on the hunt for lighting, tray, bar tools, ice bucket and of course the little details to make it all come together. The existing color scheme of the home, shades of blue with pops of burnt orange.

Option 1

Shopping. Often considered the favorite part. 

My business philosophy: providing the designer style without the matching price tag. Meaning, it may take a little longer to complete the project, but what I can save you in product costs far exceeds what I charge for an hourly shopping fee. 

Take the orb lamp featured here, found at HomeGoods for less than $100. Days later, spotted at a designer shop for over $350. 

Option 2

My second favorite part, practice styling. There's nothing more embarrassing or unprofessional than showing up for a client install with not enough stuff! I always try to lay out a stylized faux vignette whenever I can. That way I can play with items, textures, colors and potential looks for my client spaces. 

I set these looks up in my own dining room prior to the install. Over a series of days, I noticed the need for balanced color, height, and softness to round out all the hard edges. More shopping.


Install day. 
(More pictures to come.)
After all the background work, install is quick and painless. Hopefully :)
Feedback, tweaking and finally invoicing. 

Source List: HomeGoods, Marshalls, Home Depot, West Elm, Target, Crate and Barrel.

Creating a home through creative styling has always been my passion. Doing it on a budget is my advantage. Lucky for you, I'd be happy to share it with you! Check out my services page (here) or contact me directly to develop a custom plan.
designingdomesticity@gmail.com

I hope you enjoyed this little peak into one of my projects.

until next time, 


Photobucket
If you'd like help designing your home, please contact me on designingdomesticity@gmail.com.

Don't forget to check out the new SHOP section on Designing Domesticity!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Lijit Ad Wijit