Designing Domesticity Our Home Projects Food Services Shop About

It Got Me Thinking

The other day I was wondering around HomeGoods, as I tend to do when I've got the odd 10 minutes before preschool pick-up, and ran across these guys. 


It's no secret that I have an affinity for pairs of bird. I already own several sets, but something spoke to me about these birds. Maybe it was the colors, or the shapes. I'm not sure, but whatever it was, I found myself carrying these lovely ladies right on up to the counter. I was fully prepared for the odd look I usually get from the sales person when I pick up something a little unusual, but what I got instead surprised me even more. 

Evidently they just can't keep anything "peacock" in stock.


Which got me to thinking…peacocks, really? 
Could they be the next design trend? 
According to HomeGoods, they are.
Let's have a look around and see what we can find.

Peacock fire screens - vintage, cool. And certainly one-of-a-kind statement making.



Peacock mirrors. A little faux-vintage bling would liven up any space. Pier 1 sells a fairly reasonable version if you're in the market.


Peacock fabric. Dwell Studio Vintage Plumes has been around for ages and continues to be a fan favorite. In fact, I debated using it in our dining room in Chicago. 
Guess I've been a fan of peacocks long before I even knew it. 


Peacocks as a design trend? It's debatable. But, I love mine and that's all that matters, to me. For now, they've found a home on the mantel with our new mirror (also from HomeGoods)…I smell a mantel refresh coming my way soon!

So, tell me, peacocks: yea or ney?

until next time, 
Photobucket
If you'd like help designing your home, please contact me on designingdomesticity@gmail.com.

Don't forget to check out the new SHOP section on Designing Domesticity!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Lijit Ad Wijit