Designing Domesticity Our Home Projects Food Services Shop About

Loving This Week

Well, now I know how to get you guys to leave comments and send me emails - just ask for your opinion! But, seriously, thanks to everyone who made their voice heard. Sounds like everyone loved the playhouse option, with some tweaks, as much as I do. 


Speaking of the backyard, our kitchen garden has been under attack lately from our furry friends, the neighborhood bunnies. Until we figure out our fencing options, I'm trying out this homemade rabbit repellant. So far so good. 


I was so blown away by the recent post from Velvet & Linen of their Spring garden at Patina Farm. You would never know this is a new property with all new gardens as well. Seriously, if you don't already follow them or haven't taken a minute to check out all this eye candy, do yourself a favor and do it now. So much inspiration.


I loved this post from Young House Love all about assessing priorities and what you're ultimately seeking from blogging. It's no secret that I've struggled from time to time over the last almost 4 years (how can it possibly have been that long!?!) with blogging. 
Keeping up with posts, delivering quality, informative and interesting material - it's tough. But, when I step back and think about it, I realized I was really only blogging for myself. 
Who cares if I only post 2-3x a week? There's no rule to say 5-7x a week is the winning formula.
Ultimately, I want to enjoy blogging and continue to see it as a creative outlet, a family timeline and a memory book, not a stressful job. I'm thankful for everything this blog has brought my way and for my readers, but maintaining a healthy balance is super important.
It's good to know I'm not the only one that feels this way. 


Continuing with the little lady theme, I recently picked up some inexpensive prints for their rooms. Have you seen the new collection of Oh Joy! For Nod Collection of prints, all priced under $20. They are limited editions, so don't wait. 

Have a great weekend, y'all!

until next time, 
Photobucket
If you'd like help designing your home, please contact me on designingdomesticity@gmail.com.

Don't forget to check out the new SHOP section on Designing Domesticity!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Lijit Ad Wijit