Designing Domesticity Our Home Projects Food Services Shop About

Loving This Week

Wow, I can't believe how many of you are loving our new dining room light as much as we are. I wasn't expecting it to be everyone's taste, so I really appreciate all the positive comments and Insta-likes. 

If you are interested in our vintage brass 8 arm chandelier, check out the craigslist ad here

It's been a crazy hot week here, summer seems to have come early to the South. So, I'm happy to have this recipe back in rotation. Last summer, we had quick pickles as a side at least once a week. Fortunately, my #1 picky eater still loves them a whole year later!

Loved this post from Renee at Cottage and Vine. As a new to the South gardener, I am looking for all the advice I can get about growing and planting here. I already added the soil conditioner she recommended to our kitchen garden beds, it's a beautiful finishing touch while enriching the soil at the same time. Win-win! 



Speaking of the garden, did you know you could recycle your wood ashes from your fireplace straight into the garden? I didn't. One of my neighbors mentioned it so I did a little research of my own and ran across this article. Sounded pretty good to me, so I added a thin layer to our garden beds under the soil conditioner. Fingers crossed.

Speaking of enriching soil, happy to say our composter is back up and running here in NC. We have this one and highly recommend it.


My Sweet Savannah

And because I can't just leave off for the weekend without including at least one beautiful image, I wanted to share a kitchen makeover (here) that was completed in a short 6 weeks! As part of the ORC (not familiar with this series? check out the introduction here and all the participants here), she revamped her kitchen including newly painted cabinets, new appliances, countertops and loads of other beauties. Enjoy!

Happy Mother's Day weekend, y'all!

until next time,
Photobucket
If you'd like help designing your home, please contact me on designingdomesticity@gmail.com.

Don't forget to check out the new SHOP section on Designing Domesticity!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Lijit Ad Wijit