Designing Domesticity Our Home Projects Food Services Shop About

Porch Spinning

Last week we were in the suburbs of Detroit, Michigan spending time with family. We were busy, busy spending a week in the life of our family there - more on that later - because what I want to share today really has my wheels spinning.


My SIL took me to this amazing store, Detroit Garden Works. It's a very high end garden and home shop with some of the most beautiful garden items I've ever seen. I didn't take nearly enough pictures, sadly. But, I did gather a lot of inspiration. Particularly for our back porch. 


You see, I had originally envisioned the porch with bright and bold patterns and potted tropical and exotic plants.


Black, white, turquoise and green. 

But then I visited the Detroit Garden Works and suddenly my ideas changed. Maybe the porch should be more European influenced…


Potted boxwood in antiqued terra-cotta pots with more neutral decor. 


Oh, my wheels are spinning…

 until next time,
Photobucket
If you'd like help designing your home, please contact me on designingdomesticity@gmail.com.

Don't forget to check out the new SHOP section on Designing Domesticity!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Lijit Ad Wijit