Designing Domesticity Our Home Projects Food Services Shop About

An eBay find for the Little Lady Room

How many of you picked the yellow, pink and blue Dena Home Sunbeam quilt as your favorite? Or more importantly, how many of you guessed that the Sunbeam quilt is the one we chose? Was it the pink sheets that tipped you off?


Back in the day, some 3 years ago, while decorating our first big girl room I searched for yellow bedding endlessly, but came up empty handed. This time around, I saw the Dena Home Sunbeam quilt and my chin practically hit the floor, the search was finally over. There really wasn't much of a choice to make… until I clicked over from Pinterest to check pricing. Um, I didn't realize my jaw could unhinge itself, it might have dropped lower than the floor.

Yes, I am a bargain shopper. No denying that. Maybe $175 for kids bedding is totally normal. Come to think of it, I probably spent a similar amount for the two twin beds in our 6 year olds room, but for a not-quite-3 year old, I just don't know.


So, I did what I do best -- shopped around.
I remembered seeing the Dena Home brand at HomeGoods, naturally my first stop for home oriented bargains. Guess what? They had two TWIN size quilts in the Sunbeam pattern. Would it be wrong to say that I actually contemplated switching to twins over our existing full size bed frame? Eventually, I came to my senses, left the twins at HomeGoods and moved on to Marshalls, TJ Maxx and a second HomeGoods -- to no avail. At this point, I seriously contemplated purchasing the two twins, sewing them together, and calling it a day. Sadly, they were tagged at $59.99 each, factor in whatever the seamstress would charge, and my bargain really wasn't that much of a bargain. Now was it?


Back home, feeling frustrated and like it was time to start over, I checked online as a final ditch effort. As luck would have it, a lovely seller listed a new-in-the-bag, full size Dena Home Sunbeam quilt on ebay. And that same lovely seller, worked with me to achieve a price we both felt comfortable with, $100 all in. No tax, no shipping. Maybe not the biggest bargain out there, but I feel good about it. And I'm loving the fun, bright and vibrant look in our little lady's room. 
I still have some ideas circulating to take the bed to the next level, but you'll just have to wait to find out about those. 

until next time, 
Photobucket
If you'd like help designing your home, please contact me on designingdomesticity@gmail.com.

Don't forget to check out the new SHOP section on Designing Domesticity!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Lijit Ad Wijit