Designing Domesticity Our Home Projects Food Services Shop About

Pompom Shams

Tell me the truth, who spent their weekend making pompoms? You know I did. Not surprising, huh. 
Even more not surprising, I added them to our little lady's bedding. You knew that one was coming, didn't you? I hate to be so predictable, but when an idea is good, it's just good. Predictable or not.


My only struggle was deciding where to put them. At first I thought - shams and duvet. You know, make a little set (I had a plain white Ikea set that we had previously used in the guest room). Then I worried about the washability of the duvet once the pompoms were added. A duvet is always on the bed, subject to a lot more use/abuse. Once your kid has had the stomach flu, you never look at bedding the same way again! Shams, on the other hand, are really only on the bed when it's made, less likely to suffer middle of the night issues. Shams it is! 


First I added one pompom to each corner of the shams, but it felt a little lack luster, if you know what I mean. So, I added an extra pompom to each side (making 3 per side)…still a little wah-wah. Then, upon my mom's suggestion, I added 3 more across the top and bottom. Bingo. Now we're talking.  


So cute. If I do say so myself. 
In case you are curious these are all hand stitched to the white shams, plain old needle and thread. Doesn't get much simpler than that. 
If you missed the DIY pompom tutorial, you can check it out here
Hope you had a great weekend!

Sharing with:
Savvy Southern Style

until next time, 
Photobucket
If you'd like help designing your home, please contact me on designingdomesticity@gmail.com.

Don't forget to check out the new SHOP section on Designing Domesticity!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Lijit Ad Wijit