Designing Domesticity Our Home Projects Food Services Shop About

The Hot Pink Room is DONE

We moved in to this house a little over a year ago and the first room I started working on was the hot pink bedroom for our oldest daughter. I can't believe it's been that long! Even more crazy? I am finally ready to call this room done. 


The biggest change in the last several months was the addition of my childhood desk and the teal stool (you can read more about it here). It adds a bit more function to the space and gives me a little perch for story time. Plus, it's nice to break up all the white furniture in here. Bonus.


The monogramed DIY lampshade and spray painted owl lamp are still taking center stage, some 3+ years after I made them for her first big girl room in Chicago. The owl did get a new sparkly necklace this summer - you know, to fancy her up a bit.




One thing I have definitely learned over the years, don't mess with her stuff! I try to organize and, heaven forbid, decorate her dresser and all you-know-what breaks loose. So, it is what it is. 


But, I do love this little tray that so encompasses her. Born in London, loves her froggie, everything pink and sparkly, and snow globes.


The reading nook is used more by her sister, but it serves it's purpose as a catch all and fashion runway for her many mix and match outfits.
Still love the low profile book storage from Pottery Barn Kids. You can read more about that here


And, of course, our most recent addition - the purse infused gallery wall




With only a handful of minor changes in the last year, I think it's safe to say this room works for our big girl and I can officially call it done. Until she decides pink isn't her favorite color anymore :)

linking in with: 

until next time, 
Photobucket
If you'd like help designing your home, please contact me on designingdomesticity@gmail.com.

Don't forget to check out the new SHOP section on Designing Domesticity!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Lijit Ad Wijit