Designing Domesticity Our Home Projects Food Services Shop About

Christmas Decor Inspiration: Front Entry

It's the first week of December, time to start thinking about holiday decorating. Although, I've seen and know plenty who are not only fully decorated, but have all their presents purchased as well. Not around here, I'm afraid. We're still savoring the calm before the storm. Although, we do have plans to cut down a tree (or two) this weekend and start decorating the front of our home. Here are some ideas that are jumpstarting my creative process, and might help you along, too.

Calling it Home

Calling it Home put together a compilation of holiday containers - especially love this one - but they are all good. Loving the birch paired with greenery, red berried and pinecones - a beautiful traditional combination that could work with any style home.


Better Homes and Gardens has a great round up of front porches with the holiday spirit - covering every style of home and decor. I especially love the idea of using poinsettias outside. Of course, this wouldn't work for every climate, but you get the idea - mix it up and use something unexpected. 

source unknown

Garland, wreaths and urns - oh my! Talk about pulling out all the stops. I love it. Although the idea is similar to the image from BHG (above) the garland is fuller and more dramatically draped, causing a larger overall effect. Yes, this is my favorite image thus far.


Remember my design crush, Brian Patrick Flynn? Well, ever since I fell in love with his mountain home makeover and more specifically his use of potted greenery, I wanted to incorporate a similar style into our Christmas decor. All those little potted arborvitae make me think of little Christmas trees! So cute and festive.

I'm finally feeling in the spirit of things and can't wait to tackle some serious decorating this weekend!
See you Monday.

until next time, 
Photobucket
If you'd like help designing your home, please contact me on designingdomesticity@gmail.com.

Don't forget to check out the new SHOP section on Designing Domesticity!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Lijit Ad Wijit