Designing Domesticity Our Home Projects Food Services Shop About

Hello Old Friend

We were without internet for most of the day today. It's happened before, of course, but this time the timing was indefinite. As in we might not get it back for the rest of the week. I was panicked. I mean, really panicked.  It's hard to remember what the world was like without it, how we survived. I certainly wouldn't be doing what I'm doing now without it. Anyway, always nice to reflect a little and giggle at said panic especially after we're reconnect and all is right with the world again. 


One of the good things about being disconnected is that I was able to get so much more done. No more hours spent Facebook stalking or drooling over Pinterest. Instead I was organizing the most perfect filing cabinet ever and customizing it to fit my space by adding a touch of Antique Gold Rub n' Buff to the pulls. 


Once I got my mitts on the Rub n' Buff (why is it so hard to find now?), I couldn't just stop with the file cabinet pulls - I had to add an extra layer of depth to the desk legs. Can you see the difference? The front of the leg is covered with Rub n' Buff while the side is only half covered. So much more luminous. 
Hello old friend. I've missed you.


Enjoy a sneak peek of my new workspace, while it's still a work in progress, know the full reveal is coming soon.

until next time,
Photobucket
If you'd like help designing your home, please contact me on designingdomesticity@gmail.com.

Don't forget to check out the new SHOP section on Designing Domesticity!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Lijit Ad Wijit