Designing Domesticity Our Home Projects Food Services Shop About

Leaps and Bounds

As most of you noticed from my fresh traditional tabletop transformation (here) post, there have been a lot of changes in our living room since I last shared this space with you.
I wouldn't want you to think I was holding out on you, honestly, the room has just come leaps and bounds in the last couple of weeks. Here are the details.


No. 1: Rug
Sometime in November, I stumbled across a 70% off sale on rugsusa.com and promptly settled into an impromptu 3 hour rug search. 

Seriously, these guys have so many choices and run amazing sales. In fact, right now, they are running a 50% off sale with free shipping, so if you are in the market definitely check them out.

I finally settled on a wool moroccan shag rug, which I think is the perfect addition to our mostly traditional living room. I love it layered over our existing sisal, adding so much texture and interest  while still remaining neutral enough to allow the other accents in the room to really shine.  


No. 2: Accent Chair

Way back in October, I shared our new living room chair (here) and wondered if there could be room for two. Most of you urged me to double down and get the second chair, but it wasn't until we had a series of guests and not enough chairs that I finally did it. 
I was really worried about the floral fabric and having a matching set - hoping it wouldn't be too boring, traditional and stuffy. 
I'm pleased to report it's non of the above!


No. 3: The pillows

I've been looking for pillows for this space for quite sometime. Not seriously looking, mind you, but a passing stroll through the shops, a casual glance online - you know what I'm talking about. Needless to say, I was shocked to stumble across these big beauties at Marshall's last week.

 I know I shouldn't even say this, but they were on clearance! What? No one wants two shades of orange in their ikat pillows? How interesting.

Truth be told, I brought these homes and left the tags on for a couple of days. I just wasn't sure. They didn't coordinate with the chairs at all, but then I decided to take a bit of my own advice and not make everything be so matchy-matchy. I love the pillows. They are staying.



By adding only a handful of fresh accessories, I think the vibe of the room has completely changed and I'm really happy with how the room is finally coming together. 
Next up: The shelves. I've been working on them for a couple of weeks now, hoping for a reveal next week. 

linking in with: 

until next time, 
Photobucket
If you'd like help designing your home, please contact me on designingdomesticity@gmail.com.

Don't forget to check out the new SHOP section on Designing Domesticity!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Lijit Ad Wijit