Designing Domesticity Our Home Projects Food Services Shop About

Details in the Living Room

You know what they say, it's all in the details. And that is exactly what I was thinking the other day when I was siting in my living room admiring my new curtain rods!

I know, it doesn't seem like such a small change could make such a difference, but it really has. Check out the before picture. We had standard white curtain rods, attached on the molding, completely hiding the beautiful windows - in my opinion, one of the prettiest architectural features of the room.


Apologies for the old picture (clearly from the holidays), but unfortunately I forgot to take a picture of the old rods before we changed them. Probably, because subconsciously, I hated them. When you move into a home with so much work to do, you have to make due, turn a blind eye...and that's exactly what we did for the past six months.

But after much negotiating, I finally convinced the hubby that new drapery hardware was needed and what a difference it has made.


The ceilings seem higher, the beautiful moldings can be seen and appreciated, and it's a lot easier to open the windows themselves (they open in). All in all, this small change has really made an impact on the room. So remember, when you are hanging your drapery hardware, don't stop at the top of the window!
Photobucket
If you'd like help designing your home, please contact me on designingdomesticity@gmail.com.

Don't forget to check out the new SHOP section on Designing Domesticity!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Lijit Ad Wijit