Designing Domesticity Our Home Projects Food Services Shop About

Hand-Me-Downs

You may love it or you may hate it, but more than likely you've been the recipient of some one's castoffs at some point.

Fortunately, my parents and I have pretty similar taste, so I am usually thrilled with my 'gifts'. Check out some of the treasures I recently acquired on my last trip home. Most were brought home with an intended spot so not too much rearranging was required. Although I must admit, I do love the domino affect one new piece of furniture can have on your whole home. Maybe next time!

Bookshelf: definitely for the Big Girl's Room - what little girl doesn't come with loads of stuffies and books! More than likely, this will remain untouched.




Mirror: extra large, have tried to get this home on a number of occasions. Already found a new spot to hang on our bedroom wall.




Chaise: what a great spot for a Big Girl to read all those books. Definitely needs to be recovered at some point, but may have to wait on that one until it fits in the budget. A nice throw and pillow might be all it needs for the time being.


And finally, the poll lamp to accompany the chaise. Big plans for this guy that involve spray paint and ribbon!

I'm sure you'll be seeing more of these items in future posts! So stay tuned.

I'd love to hear about any good hand-me-down 'gifts' you're received and what you've done with them.

Photobucket
If you'd like help designing your home, please contact me on designingdomesticity@gmail.com.

Don't forget to check out the new SHOP section on Designing Domesticity!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Lijit Ad Wijit