Designing Domesticity Our Home Projects Food Services Shop About

Pole Lamp Transformation: The Base

I knew I wanted to spray paint the Pole Lamp white, but I have to admit that I was nervous. I've never really used spray paint with good results before. That being said, every design show and blog that I have read or seen seems to sing the praises of spray paint. So, given this was a free lamp - I figured I would give it a try.

First things first, when it comes to painting (spray or otherwise) you have to prep! I cleaned the lamp with a damp towel and gave it a good drying. Then I taped off the electrical elements with painters tape. And of course, I used a drop cloth as well.


Once I had the prep done there was really nothing else to hold me back. I geared up for the first spray!


Here we go.



No going back now. Smooth even strokes, never holding the spray in one place - the first coat was done quicker that I would have imagined.



And it dried in less than an hour! The second coat filled any minor imperfections that were missed previously.



This stuff is great. And because this pictures does not give the finish justice - one more close up of the base detail.



I will never again doubt the wonders of spray paint. I have a feeling this is going to open up a whole new world of accessories for me. Very exciting!

I can't wait to put the lamp back together and into it's rightful spot in the Big Girl Room. Only one small problem:  I lost the shade finial in the yard! Humph.



Photobucket
If you'd like help designing your home, please contact me on designingdomesticity@gmail.com.

Don't forget to check out the new SHOP section on Designing Domesticity!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Lijit Ad Wijit