Designing Domesticity Our Home Projects Food Services Shop About

Living up to Martha

I have to admit, usually, I am not a Martha Stewart person.

But as most of you know, we are thinking about renovating our kitchen so at the moment I am open to all ideas and suggestions, which is how I found myself purchasing the September issue of Martha Stewart Living.

While reading through her "50 Top Kitchen Tips" article, I stopped in my tracks when I saw some of her drawer images.

Office Supplies

Kitchen Utencils

First Aid

Skewers

Dish Towels

Not only do I not have enough space in my kitchen to have whole drawers dedicated to office supplies, first aid, and skewers - I also do not have enough time in the day to keep up with this type of organization. Can you even imagine how long it would take to group each type of skewer like that?

Or so I thought, until I was putting away my own freshly laundered dish towels and immediately noticed a similarity.


So maybe mine aren't all perfectly folded and perfectly spaced, but you must admit, it is a little similar. They are color-coded and organized by use - from the left, extras, coordinating, white. It's a  little scary, at least to me!

Maybe we all have a little Martha in us after all.

To read this article in full, click this link.

I'm linking this post to The Inspired Room's creative organization link party - check it out for some great ideas for your home.
Photobucket
If you'd like help designing your home, please contact me on designingdomesticity@gmail.com.

Don't forget to check out the new SHOP section on Designing Domesticity!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Lijit Ad Wijit