Designing Domesticity Our Home Projects Food Services Shop About

Hidden Organization

All week I've been working diligently behind the scenes on my upcoming post for Monday, which will feature my 'Mom Cave' with the hopes of winning a gift certificate to HomeGoods.

I've been decluttering, organizing and arranging my little heart out - somethings are turning out well and others not so much.

Like these cork tiles, while I like them in theory, they weren't working for the space I had in mind. Time for plan B.


Actually, I didn't have a plan B.

But when I put them by our backdoor in the kitchen, with the intention of returning them - it came to me. I could use them to help tidy up this catchall.


I think every home most have a spot like this - A place where you put your take out menus, car keys, pens and paper, important stuff on the way to be filed, etc. Do you?

Some people are lucky to have a dedicated drawer or even cabinet - or a kitchen with enough counter space to accommodate a stash spot; unfortunately, I am not.


Fortunately, these light weight tiles came with double sided tape so up they went - on the inside of the cabinet door!


The perfect spot for take out menus, party invites, reminders, emergency numbers and some of my daughter's latest artwork!


And my counters are so much cleaner and organized. I can actually find what I am looking for!



All in all a success. And I am that much closer to a well organized home! Bonus.

Don't forget to leave a comment on my searching for sconces post to let me know which ones you think I should go for.

And of course, check back Monday for my Mom Cave debut!


Photobucket
If you'd like help designing your home, please contact me on designingdomesticity@gmail.com.

Don't forget to check out the new SHOP section on Designing Domesticity!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Lijit Ad Wijit