Designing Domesticity Our Home Projects Food Services Shop About

Welcome Home: Fall Front Planters

If you are an avid reader of my blog, you probably know that I place a lot of emphasis on my front porch and entry way! I really do believe they set the tone for the whole home.

I'm always interested in how different homes welcome people - I take inspiration from everywhere I go. Most recently we were in North Carolina and I've been blogging about three very different types of entries in Asheville, at the Biltmore and finally in the Smoky Mountains.

Now that I am home, I want to incorporate some of my latest inspiration!

So, as the seasons change, so does my entry way - starting with my front porch planters. Here's my summertime front porch.



And my new Fall planters.




Isn't the Kale beautiful? It makes me think of harvesting and eating and all things natural. I just love it!

I also love the colors: deep purples, browns and greens. It says Fall but not in an obvious way. And I think they will transition nicely into early Winter, when of course, the planters will have to be switched out for the Holidays.

Further plans for the front porch include a gourd display and a semi-homemade wreath. We're off to the pumpkin patch this weekend (funny how last Saturday's plan is actually working out) so check back next week to see what we've found.

And don't forget I plan to post a new recipe each Saturday.
Photobucket
If you'd like help designing your home, please contact me on designingdomesticity@gmail.com.

Don't forget to check out the new SHOP section on Designing Domesticity!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Lijit Ad Wijit