Designing Domesticity Our Home Projects Food Services Shop About

Apples, Pumpkins and Gourds - Oh My!

Ah Autumn, how I love thee...and all the fun you bring!

On Saturday, we spent the beautifully crisp day picking apples, pumpkins, and gourds. We headed to Wisconsin and visited the Elegant Farmer. If you live in the Chicagoland area and haven't been to the Elegant Farmer, I would recommend it for a day of good old family fun. And, of course, their pies are hands down the best store bought pie I have ever had.

By now, you probably know all about my love affair with farming and my quest for a simpler life, so it almost goes without saying that we all had a great time visiting the farm!
A brief recap of our day.

There were apples a plenty,


and pumpkins too,


a tractor ride,


and a good time had by all.

We managed to bring quite a bit home with us. Clearly, it was a successful trip!

1/2 bushel of apples


Pumpkins and Gourds of all shapes and sizes

I've already found a home for some of our new gourds as part of my Fall entry.


Front porch

Front steps


Thanks to some great friends for a fun day!
Photobucket
If you'd like help designing your home, please contact me on designingdomesticity@gmail.com.

Don't forget to check out the new SHOP section on Designing Domesticity!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Lijit Ad Wijit