Designing Domesticity Our Home Projects Food Services Shop About

Last Minute Neighbor Gift

We were thrilled to receive a last minute invite to a neighborhood get together, but with the chaos in the run up to the holidays, I was at a loss for hostess gift. In a pinch, I turned to the pantry and managed to throw together Vanilla Sugar.


This was so easy and inexpensive, seeing as I had everything on hand. Especially the vanilla beans that I happened to find at HomeGoods the other week for $3!


Start by splitting your vanilla beans and removing the seeds with the back of your knife.
Add the seeds to the sugar. For each pod, I used about 2 cups of sugar. 
Stir to combine.



Place the emptied vanilla bean into an air tight container and add sugar to cover.



Done!
This really should sit for about 2 weeks for maximum flavor,
but seeing as I was giving it as a gift that night, I just added a note which also included favorite uses.



A simple and sweet, homemade, last minute gift.
Photobucket
If you'd like help designing your home, please contact me on designingdomesticity@gmail.com.

Don't forget to check out the new SHOP section on Designing Domesticity!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Lijit Ad Wijit