Designing Domesticity Our Home Projects Food Services Shop About

Saturday's Kitchen: Fish Pie

I first made this recipe 5 years ago, when my family came over to London for the Holidays. It's a low maintenance, soul warming dish that feeds a crowd.

My recipe is adapted from a Jamie Oliver recipe, only because I made it once, misplaced the original recipe and have never found it again - and believe me, I've looked! Endlessly.


Ingredients:
3 baking potatoes
1 leek
3 carrots
2 large bags baby spinach
2 lbs assorted fish ( I used shrimp, salmon and cod)
 6 eggs
8 oz creme fraiche
juice of one lemon

Directions:
Peel, chop and boil potatoes. Mash as normal (can add salt and pepper, butter, etc), set aside.


Sauté chopped carrot and leek in a little oil until mostly soft. Remove from pan.
In same pan, wilt spinach. Drain to remove as much water as possible.
Allow both to cool.


In a small bowl, mix creme fraiche and lemon juice and set aside.


Grease an 8 x 10 casserole. 

Spread carrot and leek mixture in an even layer across the bottom of the pan. Layer in spinach, creating small cups as you go. Crack raw eggs into spinach cups.


Place mixed fish over the veggie and eggs layers. Pour creme fraiche and lemon juice mixture over fish.


Cover with mashed potatoes.


Place in a 375 degree oven and bake uncovered 30 min.

As always, if you try it and like it, please do let me know!
Photobucket
If you'd like help designing your home, please contact me on designingdomesticity@gmail.com.

Don't forget to check out the new SHOP section on Designing Domesticity!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Lijit Ad Wijit