Designing Domesticity Our Home Projects Food Services Shop About

Online Consultation: Three Boys Dining Room

You may recall the online consultation I conducted for my fellow blogger and friend over at Three Boys not to long ago. Well, we had such fun working together that we decided to do it again, this time concentrating on her former dining room. Here it is in all it's glory...

Three Boys dining room, before

You may also recall her recent family room make-over, check it out here, which included a new dining space. The new, more family friendly dining space has left little need for her former, formal dining room.

The new challenge: what to do with this space?

My suggestion: Library

A library will provide yet another seating area, a make-shift office as well as an additional play space for her kids. A perfect solution, in my humble opinion.




Much like this inspirational image, I suggested a feature table in the center of the room and a loveseat in front of a slim console in her bay window; book shelves lining the walls and an accent chair.

Of course, these are just suggestions - I can't wait to see what Sarah does with the space!

If you have a room that you are having trouble conceptualizing and need help determining floor plans, etc, please contact me for details. Thanks!
Photobucket
If you'd like help designing your home, please contact me on designingdomesticity@gmail.com.

Don't forget to check out the new SHOP section on Designing Domesticity!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Lijit Ad Wijit