Designing Domesticity Our Home Projects Food Services Shop About

So easy, no sew curtain update

Most of you won't be surprised by this project as you have seen me work with ribbon once or twice! But this was so easy and so quick that I really couldn't not post a mini tutorial.


I have 5 of these curtains dotted around our house. At about $16 a piece, these Target beauties really can't be beat. But let's face it, there's really nothing to them. They aren't exactly special as is.

Awhile back, my Mom suggested that I give them a more custom look with ribbon. So I did just that...



I started by cutting off the original attached ties.



I placed ribbon over the seam of the original tie and pressed it in place with my old friend, Stitch Witchery.


I used the same piece of ribbon looping from the front to the back - just in case the fusing tape fails, it won't all come crashing down. Make sense?



Once the curtain was back up, I just tied the ribbon ends together and tucked the tails behind the curtain. 
So easy; the whole project, start to finish, was completed in less than 10 minutes!

Here's another look...


Before


After

A slightly more custom look for very little time, effort and money - gotta love that!

What do you think, will you give it a try?


Photobucket
If you'd like help designing your home, please contact me on designingdomesticity@gmail.com.

Don't forget to check out the new SHOP section on Designing Domesticity!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Lijit Ad Wijit