Designing Domesticity Our Home Projects Food Services Shop About

PB Inspired Mirror Makeover

I've long coveted this lovely mirror from my good friend's over at Pottery Barn, 
but the price has held me back.

So I sourced (from Lowe's) a similar mirror, but at a much lower price,  and put it on my birthday list 
(yes, back in May!).


Lucky me, I received it - thanks Linda and Dave!

The plan: paint, antique and distress.


Here it is after one coat of primer and two coats of Francesca by Martha Stewart Living Paint from Home Depot.


Next up: hitting the high point with my favorite, Rub n' Buff in Antique Gold.


Quite a bit of elbow grease later and the antique gold has been buffed to a subtle finish.


Close up for your viewing pleasure!

Now it's just a matter of finding a place for our newly refinished mirror.


Mr. DD likes it in the corner of the living room over a vintage painted chest.


I quite like it over the mantel.

Check back later in the week to see where it ends up - it'll take us that long to hash it all out!

Linking in with:

If you enjoyed this post, may I suggest:




Until next time, 
Photobucket
If you'd like help designing your home, please contact me on designingdomesticity@gmail.com.

Don't forget to check out the new SHOP section on Designing Domesticity!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Lijit Ad Wijit