Designing Domesticity Our Home Projects Food Services Shop About

Comfort Food: Stuffed Pepper Soup

It's been a hectic week around here - bringing our new baby home ( I know, I know - I owe you an introduction post, but can you blame me for keeping her all to myself for just a little bit?!), Halloween and trick or treating, lots of doctor visits, and a quick overnight visit to the hospital to sort out baby's jaundice.

What does all this mean - Mamma wants some comfort food!

But comfort food doesn't have to be bad for you.

Fortunately, this recipe is packed full of veggies!


Stuffed Pepper Soup


Here's how it all comes together...


Brown 2 lbs ground beef. 
Drain. 
Set aside.


Sauté until soft, about 7-10 minutes:
2 onions, diced
2 c chopped peppers, any color ( I used 3 small green peppers from our garden and 1 red, 1 yellow store bought pepper)
3 stalks celery, diced


In a large pan, add to the sautéed veggies: 
2, 15 oz cans tomato sauce
2, 15 oz cans diced tomatoes, un drained ( I used fresh tomatoes from our garden)
2 c beef broth
2 c cooked rice
1/4 c brown sugar
seasoning to taste


Bring to a boil. 
Cover and reduce to a simmer for 45-60 mins. 

This soup should be thick, but if you'd like it to be a bit thinner, add water as needed.


Um, comfort food - and good for you as well, what more could you ask for?

Seriously, it's like eating a stuffed pepper but you don't need a fork and knife - brilliant.

I've got a whole a batch of this in the freezer for the next time I need a little fix. I have a feeling it might be sooner than later these days!

I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.

Until next time,
Photobucket
If you'd like help designing your home, please contact me on designingdomesticity@gmail.com.

Don't forget to check out the new SHOP section on Designing Domesticity!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Lijit Ad Wijit