Designing Domesticity Our Home Projects Food Services Shop About

Guest Post: My Pretty Chippy Chair

We're back with another guest post - this time featuring my good friend, Sarah, from Three Boys. If you've never checked out her blog you are seriously missing out! Great tutorials on everything from upholstery to vintage furniture rehab.


Over to you Sarah!
***

Hi everyone, I am so excited to be visiting today. And for such a wonderful reason. Welcome to the world little girl! 

My name is Sarah and I am usually blogging over at Three Boys. But today I am here to show you all my little chair makeover.

My Pretty Chippy Chair. 


You wouldn't know it to look at her but we have had quite a history together. You can read about it, HERE.


To get started I cut out a piece of fabric. To get a nice fit put a staple right in the middle on each side.


Once you have it in place go ahead and staple all around. The fabric should be tight but shouldn't be pulling.


To get a professional look you shouldn't have any creases or folds on the corners. The best way to do this is to grab the fabric in a bunch and pull down until smooth.


Then staple in place.


To get the paint all pretty and chippy, I put a very thick and uneven coat of Valspar's antique white semi-gloss. I let it dry and then took a metal butter spreader and chipped off the paint. 


I finished it off with Johnston's Paste wax.


Now I have a fun office chair, fun!


Thanks so much for sharing this post with us today, Sarah! 
Don't forget to stop by Three Boys.


Until next time, 
Photobucket
If you'd like help designing your home, please contact me on designingdomesticity@gmail.com.

Don't forget to check out the new SHOP section on Designing Domesticity!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Lijit Ad Wijit