Designing Domesticity Our Home Projects Food Services Shop About

Preserving Herbs

In my last post, I shared how we closed our garden for the season and today, I thought I'd share how I preserve our last harvest of herbs.


See - massive amounts of parsley, mint, rosemary and thyme - more fresh herbs than we could possibly get through in the time they would remain fresh in the fridge.


Separate by variety, clean and chop.


Divide into single 1 tablespoon servings and place in an ice cube tray. Add enough water to cover, and freeze.


Once frozen, remove from trays and store in freezer bags. 

Now you have fresh herbs that can be added to anything all winter long.


Like mushy peas with fresh mint. 
Yum!

Until next time,
Photobucket
If you'd like help designing your home, please contact me on designingdomesticity@gmail.com.

Don't forget to check out the new SHOP section on Designing Domesticity!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Lijit Ad Wijit