Living Room {for now}

In my last post, I mentioned that I would be focusing on the first floor this month.  We have our annual cocktail party coming up, so I want the main living areas looking their best. 


Walking from room to room, trying to decide what I wanted to tackle, I realized that I was finally happy with our living room. 


Of course, there are some little things that I'd like to change, but they fall onto the very long term plan - so I guess it's safe to say that this room is done {for now}. I know, I can barely believe it myself. 


Right now, angels have broken into chorus in Mr. DD's head. Music to his ears...a room is finally done. 


But I know you saw my little caveat {for now}. A girls always got to leave herself a little wiggle room. Am I right, ladies?































It's so hard to say when a room is done. It's always evolving as new pieces are acquired, seasons change, needs change, etc...



I'm sure I'll be eating my words before I know it.


But {for now} it's done.


 Time to move on; close the chapter; take a step away. 
And I couldn't be happier.


Linking in with:
Stuff and Nonsense
Between Naps on the Porch
Jennifer Rizzo
Wow us Wednesdays


Until next time,
Photobucket
If you'd like help designing your home, please contact me on designingdomesticity@gmail.com.

Don't forget to check out the new SHOP section on Designing Domesticity!

18 comments:

Stuff and Nonsense said...

your space is so welcoming
and pretty

so glad you shared it at
Fridays Unfolded!

alison

pam @ i Love Shelling said...

Your home is so beautiful! I met your number one fan last night (Jody in Sanibel!) so I had to stop by meet you. Love your blog!

Shelley said...

I'm new here, but I think your living room looks great. Very calm, but also interesting. Excuse me while I look around a bit more...

Andrea said...

Your living room looks great! Cozy and inviting, without being 'overdone'. Great job, and I'd agree that it's perfect as is =)

Rosie Goins said...

Really nice. I like "done for now"; unfortunately my TV watching, TV control holding, recliner lump thinks when you do something it is DONE. Not in this lifetime, honey.

FABBY'S LIVING said...

I love it now too, just perfect! I love how you decorated the TV table, it looks elegant, how great!
My TV area needs to get better looking in the den and you just gave me a great idea. Thanks for sharing. Happy week.
FABBY

Emily said...

It's very pretty. I love how relaxing and cozy it looks!

Maria Elena said...

Beautiful! Your living room looks so welcoming! I love the color of your sofa!

Kim said...

Coziest home EVER!

Jane@Cottage at the Crossroads said...

Your living room looks fantastic. I love your rug that brings all your colors together as well as those gorgeous pillows on your sofa. It all looks very cozy and warm.

Kristi said...

This is so warm, pretty and welcoming. Love all your furnishings and color choices. Would be delighted for you to link this up to Mop It Up Mondays (going on through Friday): http://www.ishouldbemoppingthefloor.com/2012/02/mop-it-up-mondays-party-2.html
{HUGS},
kristi

The Midwest Cottage said...

Very beautiful. You definalty have an eye. Can't wait to see more!

Olive Cooper said...

Very cozy and charming. Not overdecorated. Real people enjoy that room daily-I like it very much. olive

Chatty Chics said...

Looks awesome Liz! Great job! Love that room!
Melody
ChattyChics.com
PS Feel free to come link up at my place if you want to share it off!
http://chattychics.com/2012/02/07/need-inspiration-wild-wednesday-2/

Hirsita Dixit said...

Nice Photography ............thanks to Share it
Elly Child Care in Sarjapur Road

Chiwei said...

Love it! I'm pinning this for inspiration in my own room - I'm a new subscriber, hope you can check out my blog too!

www.onedogwoof.blogspot.com

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

Liz I love a room that looks collected over time and this fit's the bill! LOVE IT!! So many pretty things!

Adil Javed said...

I am very pleased to see such a great source forinterior designing work , this is best blog which I have ever seen , I have book marked it . I also want to made my blog like this on landscape gardening brisbane
. Your blog is full of fresh content and you have quality posting.

Follow by Email

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Lijit Ad Wijit