Designing Domesticity Our Home Projects Food Services Shop About

A Kitchen Corner

We're traveling this weekend, so no big updates from a productive weekend to share. Instead, I thought I'd share a couple little changes in the kitchen. 


The weather is warming up in and it's time to get back to my composting. I had to take a little break during the kitchen renovation last year. Something about living in the basement, pregnant - the idea of composting was just too much.


This year there are no excuses. Although I did manage to lose my counter container somewhere along the line. Lucky me, it's a good excuse to invest in a new, much more fashionable one - if I do say so myself. 



Isn't it cute? Obviously, it's new, but made to look like a vintage English container. It's just the right size at about 10" tall; not too big, but not too small either. 



And the best part is the removable liner. It easily pops out for trips to the outside tumbler. And most importantly, it's plastic so it's nice and easy to rinse out as well. 

{for more information, click here}



As long as I'm going green, I thought I'd take it to the next level by adding this sweet potted fern. The pot is from the Smith & Hawken line at Target



Of course, making room for the compost pot meant rearranging some of my other must haves. I decided to corral everything on one wooden cutting board. While I was at it, I decanted my dish soap into an old glass bottle. Actually, I first started doing this years ago, but stopped for some reason. Not sure why, as this really is way more attractive. Plus, I don't have to lock and unlock the under sink cabinet anymore. Bonus.



There's one more subtle change to the kitchen. Can you see it? Like I said, it's pretty subtle so if you missed it, don't feel bad.


The high end design and beautifully subtle color combinations of this piece really elevate the look of the entire kitchen. Wouldn't you agree?

{Baby E is now 5 1/2 months old. She is growing up so fast and loves hanging in her exercauser while I get on with the cooking.}

linking in with:

Until next time, 
Photobucket
If you'd like help designing your home, please contact me on designingdomesticity@gmail.com.

Don't forget to check out the new SHOP section on Designing Domesticity!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Lijit Ad Wijit