Designing Domesticity Our Home Projects Food Services Shop About

Return to Easter

We're back from Spring break and it's all systems go around here. Funny, I was worried about sending our oldest back to school today. Like maybe it would be too much after a busy and tiring 10 days in the sun. She adjusted just fine. I, on the other hand, need another break. 


It's amazing just how quickly the post-vacation blues can set in. The travel is difficult, you come home and the house is a mess, Easter is just around the corner, etc. You know what I mean. 


Well, whenever I feel like I am starting to get just a bit overwhelmed, I take a step back and try to appreciate all that I have. And then, of course, try to make it just a bit better.


I decided to inject a touch of Spring in the entryway, just in time for Easter. Taking a moment to update our entry display was just the pick-me-up I needed. 



Working with what I had on hand, I lined the base of the cage with preserved moss, added in one of my homemade green moss decor balls, a nest and colored Easter eggs. The final touch is a small vase filled with blooming daffodils.



It's hard to get a good shot of just how cute this little vignette is. But it's cute, trust me. I'm not biased.


And when Easter has passed, I might just remove the colored eggs and add in something a bit more natural. We'll see. 


What's your secret for a fast pick-me-up?

linking in with:

until next time, 
Photobucket
If you'd like help designing your home, please contact me on designingdomesticity@gmail.com.

Don't forget to check out the new SHOP section on Designing Domesticity!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Lijit Ad Wijit