Guest Room Reveal

Welcome to our newly decorated guest room. I've been whining endlessly about wanting to update this room for the last couple of years, and it's finally done. No more complaining from me. I'm loving the eclectic, cozy cottage feel up here. Come take a look around.


We switched the layout, so the bed is now the first thing you see when you walk in. That, and of course, my basket/ tray bedside storage. No more confusing this space as a study.


Rounding the corner, you're greeted with the cozy nook complete with chaise and desk. I'm sure this space will get a lot of use, especially during all those free hours my two little girls allow our guests to have. 
That gives me an idea, maybe I'll hide away up here...


A good selection of reading material,  a cozy place to sit with a nice throw to wrap up in...oh yes, I am practically talking myself into slipping up there right now!

At what point does Hide n' Seek turn into just plain old hiding? I kid, I kid.


I used the matching matlesse sham (to the bedding), an embroidered sham and a quitted pillow on the chaise. You may remember that the chaise came from our BGR; I really worked to make it blend with the space and not seem too juvenile. Coordinating, but not matching, the colors from the bedding to the chaise makes it a cohesive space.


The layered quilts and the simple artwork lend toward my desired cottage feel, while the updated color combination helps to keep it from feeling too predictably country. 


Did you notice I changed up the bedside lamps?
 When looking at the bed flanked by both bedside tables, it was starting to feel too random. The easy solution was to match the heights of the lamps and the shades, creating a cohesive look while still using two different lamps and tables. 



And, of course, we can't forget the newly painted, former ugly duckling dresser

I'm so much happier in this space. And I hope our guest will be too. A homey, collected, eclectic, cottage-y guest room {that's a mouth full}. Now taking reservations. If you can't get a hold of me, it's because I'm playing Hide n' Seek in the guest room.

Linking in with:

Until next time, 
Photobucket
If you'd like help designing your home, please contact me on designingdomesticity@gmail.com.

Don't forget to check out the new SHOP section on Designing Domesticity!

18 comments:

Sweet Posy Dreams said...

Liz, I absolutely love the way the room turned out. It is perfect. I'm packing my suitcase right now!

Teresa@oursoutherncountryhomeandfarm said...

I'm on my way! This is so comfy and cozy looking, not to mention beautiful. Any guest should be delighted to stay in this room.

✿ⒹⒺⒺ✿@ A Lapin Life said...

Hi Liz,

Oh wow! I love the final reveal. Every inch has that comfy cozy look. If I had this room: I could spend lots of time sipping cups of tea and reading a few magazine before the kiddies found me. :)

Dee

Ann said...

Looks really lovely.
I love its coziness,
any guest will feel right at home.

momto8 said...

just beautiful!!! belongs in a magazine for inspiration!

Jessica said...

Turned out beautiful! I love those kinds of ceilings! -Jessica

Jena @ Involving Color and Home said...

Liz, your guest room is beautiful and I LOVE the paint color in here! I bet your guests will never want to leave! :)

Allison Shops said...

Very pretty and so relaxing. Love the wall color and the quilt.

Dropping by from Met Monday.
Allison
Atticmag

Tardevil said...

You did a great job getting the cottage look you were going for! Love the wall color, quilt, basket side table, and dottie pillow.

Ms. Redo said...

Well, I was lovin' the entire room, the quilts, the bed, the table, the chaise, the colors ... and then HELLO! I got to the blue dresser and gasped "Oh!" Wow, I'm in love with that look, fantastic - love the whole cottage-y feel and would love to be your first guest ;) Mary

Maria Elena said...

What a beautiful room! I love the colors!

JoAnne Weisser said...

I don't blame you, Liz ~ I would love to "hide out" in that room too! I love all of the colors and the cozy feel you created!

Maria said...

Thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving me a sweet comment on my Cardigan Pillow! I just love your beautiful guest room, it looks like a cosy bed&breakfast room!!! I'm your newest follower :o)

Lisa @ Fern Creek Cottage said...

Well I would be thrilled to be a guest this gorgeous room! Love the cozy reading chair. The whole room is wonderful!!

CAS said...

Your guest room looks totally charming, Liz! I love your color pallet, & it happens to be rather similar to the color scheme in my guest room that I linked to this party. I wish I had room for a chair, but maybe I could just do a cute little straight-back chair -- hmmm? Anyway, I adore your special little touches.
CAS

vikki said...

Love what you have done. My guest room is now occupied by my working grave yard hubby. Soon he will be off graveyard, but then my son (21) will be coming home for a few months. One day I will get to remake mine as well and will post it too. Hooe it looks half as nice as yours.

Debra said...

This room is so cozy and inviting . Absolutely beautiful

You have a beautiful home / love what you did with the kitchen as well.

I really like the colors...

Infarrantly Creative said...

Beautiful transformation. Love the color pallet and the use of different patterns on the bed. You made a beautiful space for guests. LOVE

Follow by Email

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Lijit Ad Wijit