Designing Domesticity Our Home Projects Food Services Shop About

All Hail Queen Kimberly

If you follow me on Facebook or Instagram you might have noticed I picked up a couple of my favorite ferns from our local grocery yesterday. Actually, saying 'favorite' might be a bit of an understatement. I simply love these ladies. 

I know, technically, that the name of this lovely lady is the Kimberly Queen fern, but Queen Kimbelry just worked so much better in the title. Artistic freedom and all that.

No matter how you slice it, it's easy to see why she would have such a royal title - she's so regal, almost majestic. 


There are so many reasons that I love these ferns:
they do well in shade,
are extremely low maintenance,
barely shed at all,
and they get huge.


Quite the statement maker, really. And for $12.99 you just can't beat it. In fact, these were less expensive than the smaller versions I found at Home Depot last year. Seriously, these might be bigger than mine were at the end of the growing season last summer. Too good to pass up.

So good they definitely deserved their own post.


Besides, who doesn't need a beautifully flanked garage door. It's clearly the royal entrance. 

Enjoy your holiday weekend. We'll be spending ours outside, visiting with my parents and celebrating my birthday. 

until next time, 
Photobucket
If you'd like help designing your home, please contact me on designingdomesticity@gmail.com.

Don't forget to check out the new SHOP section on Designing Domesticity!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Lijit Ad Wijit