Designing Domesticity Our Home Projects Food Services Shop About

The "I knew she'd do that" Project

Remember when I challenged myself to add a bit more color to my monochromatic bedroom? Remember when I was busy organizing my jewels? Remember my organizational inspiration post?


Well, I combined them all and finished a project that won't take anyone by surprise.


I took this boring, basic, brown jewelry box that has been residing in my closet for the last 8+ years and sprayed it to give it a new lease on life. And now, a prominent position in our bedroom. 


I'm not going to lie, my first instinct was to go white. Safe. 
But then, I thought white on white? No. My next thought was to go gray. But again, I felt I could go bolder. In the end, I went with a moss green. Then I paired it with another existing jewelry box. I love how it brings out the green in the venetian glass box as well. Double duty.


Not to mention how it highlights some of the mossy green tones in the shams. All in all, I'm diggin this little hit of color in my yellow and white bedroom. 

Keen observers will note that the pictures thus far of our bedroom have been on the other side of the room and the side shown here previously housed the antique English dresser. Fear not, I haven't gone and painted that other dresser without letting you know.
We're just trying out some other arrangements in the room. I'll let you know the details on that later, once we commit to something :)

Still on the look out for great lamps as well - wish me luck. 

Have a great weekend!

until next time, 
Photobucket
If you'd like help designing your home, please contact me on designingdomesticity@gmail.com.

Don't forget to check out the new SHOP section on Designing Domesticity!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Lijit Ad Wijit