Designing Domesticity Our Home Projects Food Services Shop About

Does this happen to you?

I've got lots of projects on the go for our bedroom at the moment, but unfortunately none of them are reveal ready. So, I thought I'd share a summer mantel update that indirectly came about as a result of another bedroom project. 


You see, I've been on the look out for new lamps for our bedroom. Budget is always top priority around here, so I've been thinking about DIY-ing something interesting. I hit up HomeGoods in search of anything that I could make into a lamp, and came home with a couple of options. 3 options, actually. 


Unfortunately, none of them worked. {sad face.}

Into the to-be returned pile they went. But, the more they sat there, the more I realized how much I really liked them. Does this ever happen to you? I really did have the best of intentions. And I did manage to return one set...that has to count for something, doesn't it?


I should take note of this. Once something is in my house, there is a strong possibility that it won't get returned. Don't most people have the opposite problem? Chronic return syndrome. 
Aye, I am in trouble with this one. 


Although, I have to admit, I do love them on the mantel. And, you know I'm a sucker for green. I probably should have known better.


They could have made nice lamps. Short lamps, but nice all the same. But, now, they are destined to grace my mantel until I see fit. Poor things.


Anywho, my mantel is happy and that makes me happy. So enough about the lack of returns.

In other news, the girls and I had a pretty quiet weekend. Mr. DD was out of town, enjoying some quality time with the boys at the lake. Now that he's back, I'll have some help with some of my heavy lifting projects. So, expect some updates on our bedroom soon. Happy holiday week, everyone.

linking in with:

Until next time,
Photobucket
If you'd like help designing your home, please contact me on designingdomesticity@gmail.com.

Don't forget to check out the new SHOP section on Designing Domesticity!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Lijit Ad Wijit