Designing Domesticity Our Home Projects Food Services Shop About

PB Knock Off Lighting

I was so excited last week when my long envisioned bedside lamp project finally came together. 


You see, I had been looking, and looking, and looking for just the perfect bedside lamp. My list of demands was long....I wanted it to make a statement, but still be light and airy, and it couldn't be white. 


What I really wanted was this beauty from Pottery Barn. But the $200 price tag had me looking for other options. 


That's when I decided to make my own. I found the recycled glass vase at HomeGoods for less than $10. When I saw that lovely textured, wavy, greenish glass and the tear drop shape I knew I had found my perfect solution. 


The best part? It was so simple. A DIY lamp kit, picked up at Home Depot for only $10 made it a cinch. Just follow the directions on the back and boom, you've got light!


The most expensive and time consuming part of this project was finding just the right lamp shade. I settled on these yellow flocked shades from Target. At $20 a shade, I think they make just the right statement.


Usually I'm not much of a joiner when it comes to the matchy-match game, but in this case, I caved. I love this lamp so much I put one together for Mr. DD too. 

The perfect addition to our bedroom makeover at just $40 each. Happiness. 

linking in with:

until next time, 
Photobucket
If you'd like help designing your home, please contact me on designingdomesticity@gmail.com.

Don't forget to check out the new SHOP section on Designing Domesticity!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Lijit Ad Wijit